Seattle Ferry Terminal at Colman Dock
|Also known as||
801 Alaskan Way South
Seattle, Washington 98101
- 1882: The first dock was built at this location.
- 1889: The first dock burned in the Great Seattle Fire and was rebuilt.
- 1912: The dock was severely damaged when it was rammed by the ferry Alameda, causing the clocktower to tumble into the sound.
- 1936: The terminal was renovated in art deco style, and the clocktower was removed.
- 1951: The State of Washington purchased the dock and terminal for $500,000 as part of a larger government takeover of the Puget Sound ferry industry.
- 1985: The restored clocktower was re-erected at the terminal.
- 2013: Planning began on a federal and state project to replace the dock and terminal, increasing capacity, reducing its environmental impact, and turning it into a multi-modal transportation center.