General Motors Place
|Also known as||
800 Griffiths Way
Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6G1
|Designed by||Brisbin, Brook and Beynon|
- Ice hockey capacity: 18,630
- Basketball capacity: 19,193
- Concert capacity: 14,000
- Building size: 475,000 square feet
- From February 12, 2010 until February 28, 2010 the building was temporarily named Canada Hockey Place for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
- September 17, 1995: This building opened to the public.
- 1995: The Vancouver Canucks hockey team began playing here.
- 1995: The Vancouver Grizzlies basketball team began playing here.
- 2001: The Vancouver Grizzlies basketball team stopped playing here.
- 2001: The Vancouver Ravens lacrosse team began playing here.
- 2004: The Vancouver Ravens lacrosse team stopped playing here.
- 1996: The Vancouver Voodoo roller hockey team played here.
- 2010: This was the primary ice hockey venue for the Winter Olympics.