UBC Thunderbird Arena
|Official name:||University of British Columbia Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Arena|
|Formerly known as||UBC Winter Sports Centre|
6066 Thunderbird Boulevard
Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3
|Neighborhood:||University Endowment Lands|
- Seating capacity: 6,800
- This arena was built around the former Father Bauer Arena.
- The current arena is named after a former UBC student who donated $10 million to the university.
- This is the location of ice hockey and ice sledge hockey competitions in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- This was the first new indoor venue completed for the 2010 Olympic games.
- April, 2006: Construction of this building began.
- June, 2008: This building was completed four months ahead of schedule.