The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
|Formerly known as||
The Hotel Vancouver
The Canadian National Hotel at Vancouver
900 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2W6
|Designed by||Archibald & Schofield|
- Hotel rooms: 556
- Height to roof: 336.95 feet
- Floors above ground: 20
- Floors below ground: 2
- Architect: John S. Archibald
- Architect: John Schofield
- Construction of this building was started by the Canadian National Railway, but finished under a partnership with the Canadian Pacific Railway.
- Construction of this hotel was halted for five years because of the Great Depression.
- This building was opened just in time for the Royal visit of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
- At the time of its completion, this was the tallest building in Vancouver.
- May 25, 1939: This building opened to the public.