|Also known as||
The R2D2 Building
The Ban Roll-on Building
|Formerly known as||The Second and Seneca Building|
1109 2nd Avenue
Seattle, Washington 98101
|Designed by||Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Partnership|
- Gross floor space: 635,303 square feet
- Net floor space: 405,000 square feet
- Parking: 553 spaces.
- Passenger elevators: Ten.
- Freight elevators: One.
- Developer: Wright Runstad & Company
- The building's glass dome is cleaned three times a year.
- Inside the dome is a water tower for the building's HVAC system.
- This building has seven terraces allowing its occupants to look over Puget Sound and out to the Olympic mountains.
- February, 1990: Demolition of the existing buildings on this lot began
- April, 1990: Construction began
- January 11, 1991: This building topped out.
- September, 1991: Construction finished.
- November 7, 1991: In a ceremony, this building's dome was illuminated for the first time.
- April 10, 2007: This building was bought by Tishman-Speyer for $234,000,000.