|Formerly known as||L.C. Smith Building|
506 Second Avenue
|Designed by||Gaggin and Gaggin|
|Maximum height||522 feet/157 meters|
- The Smith Tower is named for Lyman C. Smith, who is the "Smith" in Smith Corona typewriters. He did not live to see his tower's completion.
- The Smith Tower has 2,314 windows. The window frames are brass.
- The tower's windows can be opened.
- The tower rests on 1,276 concrete pilings.
- There is one apartment in the building. It is in the area from the 37th floor and higher. This was originally the caretaker's apartment and a water tank.
- 4 July, 1914: Smith Tower opens to the public.
- 1976: The Smith Tower is washed for the first time. Its white terra cotta exterior has proven remarkably resistant to dirt.
- 2000: The tower gets a US$28,000,000.00 facelift.
- July, 2007: This building is sold for $47 million.
- August, 2007: The Pioneer Square Preservation Board approves a plan to turn the building from offices into condominiums.